Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Real Life

I had a great weekend!

Everything from an awesome concert/picnic in the park with my hubby to a meet and greet with the neighbors for the 4th. There was doggie play time, cleaning, reading, chilling and just general mirth.

I finally dug out the futon in my office. Now I can set up my own little reading space. Yay!!

We have some really awesome neighbors! Most of us had only done the casual wave while walking around the block, but by the end of the evening you would think we all knew each other for ever. It was very comfortable. It was nice to feel like I am finally settled into a place. Note...that I am guessing I will feel a bit unsettled come November. But...almost all of the families have kids...so at least I will have some experience nearby!

On a more "meh" note. My weigh in at the doctors was a bit humbling yesterday, so I am trying to be more careful. I even fired up my new Pilates tape today after work. Man was that an eye-opener. It has been a LONG time since I couldn't finish a workout. Guess at least now I have a goal. GZ didn't really help. He kept chasing my foot around and licking my face. At one point he decided that he was going to perch on my head while I was trying desparately to keep up with the nice smiling lady who was waaayyyy more preggo than me. Now I just have to figure out what is good tummy pain and what is bad tummy pain when doing workouts.

GZ and I "cooled down" from Pilates with a walk around the neighborhood. Cool is a relative term around here...but it wasn't unbarable. He is currently passed out on his pillow.

Off to nibble some veggies.

JKB

No comments: