Thursday, July 2, 2009

Today is a B- at best...

Did you ever have one of those days...you know...the one where you are convinced that the heavens did not intend for you to participate in society? Okay...it wasn't terrible, parts of it were nice....but...overall meh.

1. GZ would not willingly come out of his crate this morning so I went after him. But then because I was still sleepy, my balance is a little off and cause I am a klutz...could not get back up. So, dog in one hand I tried to brace myself against the night stand and WHACK knocked the poor dog's head right off the handle. It was met with a sad and tiny whimper.

2. So there I was, late for work, trying to check the dogs pupils but he wouldn't let me because he was much more interested in chewing on my hands....fine. I pop him in the crate and head to work...where I spend most of my day worrying whether or not the dog has an intercranial bleed. (Turns out he's fine in the end).

3. Because I am running late I have to grab breakfast on the way to work. I figure that an egg and cheese biscuit would cheer me up...and it did...until part of the biscuit fell down my shirt into the no-mans land that is baby belly. I thought that I had successfully retrieved it. But as I was chatting with one of the other nurses at work I reach up to scratch my belly and....hey look at that...my biscuit! All she could do was laugh.

4. My boss was annoyed because I had no news for him...because the hospital census is low and there aren't any patients to enroll in the study. Really not much I can do about that. Turns out that people don't want to be in the hospital on the 4th of July.

5. As I was walking over to the patient side of the hospital I encountered a very frustrated woman who was lost. I tried to verbally explain where she needed to go...but she yelled at me and told me that she was just there. Well, I said, that's where your appointment is...so I am not sure what I can do for her. But I decided that I will walk her to the area (which was nowhere near where we were). As we are walking she is spewing an endless rant about how poorly the hospital was designed and that the signs were inadequate and she was sure I wasn't going the right way because she had never gone this way before and blah blah blah. I delivered her safely to the elevator lobby where there was a lovely sign telling her to go to the 6th floor. I did not ride up with her. She did not thank me. I DIDN'T BUILD THE HOSPITAL!! I AM TRYING TO BE NICE TO YOU!! At any rate I hope she found the rest of her way and all is well.

6. I then spent 4 hours trying to fix an issue. I am not even going to get into that....but suffice it to say that if people would take the time to READ life would be easier.

7. 4:00 rolls around...I can almost taste the 3 day weekend. And then I get another call from my boss. Thanking me for taking care of aforementioned issue and asking me if I am going to be in tomorrow. Uhhhhh....do you really need me to be here. Long story short...Jess going to work in the morning. But hopefully the census won't change over night and I can be home before everyone else is awake.

In fairness the rest of the day was okay. Nice walk with Dave and GZ, Mac&Cheese for dinner and the results show for "so you think you can dance"!

Have a great 4th of July...and check your shirt for extra food. =)

Jess

No comments: