Sunday, June 28, 2009

Is Chivalry Dead?

I am not one of those hard hitting "open the door for me because I am woman" types, but there are some things that should not have gone out of style.

I don't mind standing in church. Especially if its my own fault. But days like today make me wonder what would have happened if some nice able-bodied male would have let me sit down.

Some background facts:
1. I have never dealt well with heat and humidity and used to pass out in church all the time when I was young.
2. Yes, I am "with child" but currently look more chubby than preggo.
3. I was late to mass and not remotely surprised that I would have to stand.

But, had someone taken pity on me I may not have had to stagger out of the sanctuary TWICE before I finally gave up and went home. Not only that...but no one even thought to ask if I was okay. Sigh.

I think the only thing that kept me from passing out was the fact that I didn't want to be lumped with the little old lady crowd. It seems that they are always the ones being hoisted out of the pews and carried off to make sure they are okay. So far...since I have been there at least....they have. That and I didn't want to wake up in the ER with an ambulance bill looking me in the eye.

Oh well. Live and learn. Maybe next time I will take one of those little personal fans with me. I think I have one shaped like Winnie the Pooh.

Have a great week all! Most of us get Friday off! Yay!

1 comment:

Suzanne Ross said...

Wait, your church doesn't have A/C? You need to find a new church :) I'm sorry you almost passed out though, that is no fun, ever!