Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Puppies

I have become one of those pet owners. Yes, I do think my dog is the cutest ever. And yes, I do find it necessary to tell everyone about him.

Cute/funny/bizarre stuff GZ has done recently:

1. I bought some pretty sweet shoes for an even sweeter price recently. Sadly they are a little rough on the heels. But no worries. GZ thinks it's a fun game to sneak up on me at the end of the day and steal the bandaids off my feet.

2. Our daily walk is a 2 mile loop around the neighborhood. Typically he trots around with his tag wagging and plops down in random patches of clover for breaks. However, Monday was a little hotter than usual and as we were rounding the 1/4 mile mark he sat down, looked at me, turned around and started trotting back home. Okay then...so much for that walk.

3. Today he woke us up at 400am to pee...oh wait...that wasn't cute.

4. This isn't new...but is bizarre. If Dave lies on the floor to play with him, GZ will literally lick his face for 15 minutes strait. He has this little determined face that goes with the ritual. He even does the shaved part of the back of Dave's head. Odd really.

5. He is terrified of the marble in front of the fireplace. If one of his toys lands there he stretches out as far as possible (pretty far considering) and tries to nip it. If he can't reach he sits there and cries until one of us rescues it.

6. His best doggie friend is Juno. If we accidentally tie both of them out without letting them sniff GZ will bark at the end of his rope and Juno will whine at the end of his. The sit in their respective yards yearning for a longer leash.

Okay...that's all. At some point I'll figure out how to upload pics.

Bye bye
Jess

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah, LF does the same licking thing. I think it's a doxie thing maybe? Maybe a submissive thing. I'm not sure. He licks Kip for HOURS every single morning. 2.5 hours straight was the max I timed. I have no comment or interpretation...Oh, and you add photos by clicking on the insert photo button!

Unknown said...

Hmmm ... so I am to godzilla what kip is to longfellow. I don't know how to interpret that either.

Cheers
Dave