Monday, June 2, 2008

Why I Love Sundays!

This weekend I was lucky enough to only have to work Saturday, leaving Sunday open for whatever my little heart desired. Along with the usual ritual (church, etc), we drove out to the house site and had a BBQ with some friends.

Much to our delight the siding and brick have been started and the dry wall is complete! (One little problem are some itty bitty bugs that are hanging out pretty much everywhere they sealed the dry wall...yikes!).

I rode with the Bee Team yesterday afternoon. It was not a great ride in terms of training thanks to a pop-up thunderstorm that we had to take shelter from...but we did log in 12 miles. I am starting to adjust to my new bike more and more...and today I got the new pedals installed.

After that we headed out to Colonel Beatty Park. One of the many little treasures tucked away in the suburbs of Charlotte. It has a big beautiful lake, hiking trails, biking trails, various fields to play in and picnic areas with BBQ pits (and geese). We opted for the "bring whatever you want as a main and a side to share" plan which worked out quite well. My fruit pizza was quite yummy if I do say so myself. =)

We wrapped up the day with video games (Dave) and some leisurely reading (me). All in all...a mighty enjoyable day!

2 comments:

Suzanne Ross said...

Sounds lovely and relaxing :)

Ashley said...

I think you need to quantify the geese and how many of them there were and how they flocked to us with the assumption we would feed them. And yes, the fruit pizza thing was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!