Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Please Bring Me Back as a House Cat

On days like today where it is rainy, I am off work thanks to some odd illness and there is seemingly a never-ending mound of stuff that still needs to be done....I look enviously at my little kitty. Curled up, purring and oblivious to the fact that there is anything at all beyond her little home.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation I would love to be a kitty cat. Although the life of a farm cat may be exciting....after a busy lifetime of being a human I would rather not have to kill the occasional mouse in the barn for my dinner...or get stuck outside in the rain if I was prowling around too late one night. Nope...I want to come back as a happy, lazy house cat, who's biggest decision of the day is where to shed. =)

And beyond that...cats do not share the same tail-wagging, greet-you-at-the door, obligations of their canine counterparts to earn their kibble. Nope...just occasionally acknowledge the human's existance, brush up against thier leg and purr when they pat you on the head. Wow! What a job description!

Okay...so knowing my spirit...I'd be bored after about a month of this kitty cat lifestyle. But I think it would be nice to try out for just a little while. Don't you?

No complaints on the rain...btw...as I am happy that my sod seems to be doing pretty well!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I feel like I catch your posts moments after you've posted them. I'm not cyber-lurking or anything...really...I'm not.

You know you'd be bored to tears as a cat. And there is a bad side. Cat's can't use post-it notes or use pens to write dozens of to-do lists per day.