Monday, February 23, 2009

Wobbly!?

My legs are wobbly....so much so that I am doubting if I'll make it downstairs for lunch.

So I admit.

I fell off the wagon...heck...I fell off, rolled down the hill and floated down the lazy river a piece. I let my job and "stuff" make excuses for me...but really...my fault.

As some of you know I started a campaign in 2007 my "29 by 29." I didn't reach my goal, but I came damn close. Beyond the weight loss though, I had my goals in line. I was as organized as I could be in that crazy lifestyle that I was living. Now I am floating through life, half if not a quarter less busy than I was then, and I have gained almost all my weight back, have no set exercise plan and am completely disorganized.

What does this say about me. 1. I am a glutton for punishment. I cannot be motivated unless I am stressed. 2. I have crappy time management skills when I have too much time and not enough stuff to manage. 3. Part of my drive has run out of gas.

So I sat down and made a new plan. It was my "15 point resolution for 2009" which was fun to organize. =) It was basically my 2009 bucket list highlighting my fitness goals, books I would like to read, places I would like to visit and activities I would like to try or restart, etc.

Today I started the action part of the fitness goals, knowing full well that it has been a good long time since I have done anything worth while. It is possible that I pushed myself a smidge too hard, but wow! I am OUT OF SHAPE! Sad really.

So back to the beginning I go. New job, new goals. Beware complacency! Poor Dave, he probably thinks I'll never stop throwing new stuff into the mix.

Any words of wisdom? Or is this normal?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well what is this 15 point plan?

New stuff is good, just keep in mind the old grass is greener adage.

Love
Me

Ashley said...

Ditto Dave. I need to know your 15 point plan. How can I help keep you motivated if I don't know what you're doing???